What is Dairy Revenue Protection?
Dairy Revenue Protection is a revenue insurance policy that protects you from falling milk prices while leaving the upside open.
Here are some basics to know about Dairy Revenue Protection policies:
- You can purchase Dairy RP, as it is also known, any business day of the week except for Holidays and USDA Dairy report days.
- Dairy RP is subsidized from 44% to 59%.
- These policies are federally backed by Risk Management Agency (RMA)/USDA. RMA implements and underwrites this and other crop insurance policies.
- There are no milk production limits.
- It can even be used if you have MPP.
- Pricing options include Class III, Class IV and Components.
- You can get quarterly coverage for 5 quarters, and the premium is due at the end of each quarter.
Here are some helpful links related to Dairy RP: